Thursday, May 26, 2016

North Dakota

Today we drove from Wall, South Dakota, to Medora, North Dakota.  We saw this metalworks spot around Rapid City.  This character reminded me of you, John H.  The one on the bike, that is.  The other guy reminds me of Woody from Toy Story, with a beer.



We saw, in general, nutten.  There is nutten out there, and I mean nutten.  The land in this part of South Dakota isn't even fit for crops, in spite of its relative flatness, I guess the soil isn't good.  Only grazing.  And there weren't a lot of herds either.  Just empty grassy plain.



OMG, here's a curve!!!  And a hill!!!  They needed the curve to avoid the hill.



Oh, and here's a town.



I shouldn't make fun of this, because I actually think it's cool.  In general, I'm a humble country girl that's been in the city far too long.  I've never forgotten my roots.  Neither of us have.

We've arrived in a state in which we've never been before.  Another "fly-over state".  I always associate North Dakota with the movie "Fargo", which reminds me of Canada in some ways too.  But I don't know about "Legendary".



We've arrived in another area of so-called "badlands".  We'll explore Theodore Roosevelt National Park, and the town, tomorrow.

Just enjoying some cooler, but sunny, weather upon arrival.  We're nestled in a little spot among the hills, so the breeze isn't so bad here.  It was a little nasty driving today because of the wind.  In fact, we lost the cover for our RV battery case somewhere along the highway in North Dakota.  And Gerard just checked all that stuff after we had stopped for lunch.  It was fine then :(  We'll have to see if we can find something in a town west of here when we leave.  I can guarantee you there will be nutten around here.











1 comment:

  1. Kind of looks like I am having a bad hair day going on there...

    ReplyDelete