Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Oh, Give me a Home...

Where the Buffalo roam...

Today we took in the Badlands National Park just south of here.



It was actually quite an impressive park with some driving, and lots of spots to get out and take pictures with my phone!







Took lots of photos.

We saw herds of bison,



and some individuals who were a little anti-social.


Holy scat!  That's big.



And lots of prairie dogs.



We did a bit of hiking in some spots as well.





You don't have to tell me to keep an eye out for these critters.



We stopped at "The Ranch" and got some peanuts to feed the prairie dogs.  Gerard had a harem.



They must get peanut overload.  We saw one kind of crawling on his tummy.  He probably had too many.  That's what would happen to me!

These 2 guys are right in front of me (since I don't have my telephoto lens!&*#)  Cute little guys, even if they are rodents.


Tonight it is raining.  Some good thunderstorms in the area tonight.  The tornados seem to be to the south of here...so far.  Yikes!

Tomorrow we're off to North Dakota.

Talk about names of towns.  Dakota, Lakota, Onaka, Wakonda, Wetonka, Akota, Kadoka...I can't keep them straight!  And, where the heck is Kennebec?









No comments:

Post a Comment